MacSTAC was founded on April 1, 1978 as an Apple II MUG. We are a community group with members from all walks of life, careers and levels of ability. We welcome all Mac users to improve their knowledge and, in turn, share their Mac knowledge with others. http://macstac.org

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Installing OS 10.4.5

We have good response from the membership about their experience in installing OS 10.4.5. All reports were positive. Here's a summry of info received to date:

I have been running it for over a week, and I have not seen any problems, yet. Knock on wood.

I installed it on my mother's machine in Fl ( G4 iBook)  because she wouldn't be able to do it and I had to leave.  I held my breath and went for it.  No obvious problems, but she only uses mail, Safari & Quicken and 2 games.  I haven't done my own yet.

I've down loaded and installed OS 10.4.5 about a week ago.  Upon restart is seemed to take a long time, but after that it has not given me any problems at this time.

I've downloaded it and have had no problems so far.

I installed it as soon as I became aware of it from VersionTracker. If there have been any problems with it I certainly haven't been aware of them! Most of the time my machines are on, but I'm not there to know whether any problems are coming up. Nor have I gone to the various Mac specific blogging sites to see what they're saying about the latest updates. I know Wayne cautions against grabbing the latest updates too soon, but I allow the Software Updates as soon as I'm aware of them, figuring that any discovered wrinkles will be ironed out by any subsequent updates anyway.

I'm running it on four Macs - two at home (iMac G5 and iBook G4) and two at work (iMac G5 and Mac Mini) without any problems with the programs I use most - Dreamweaver, Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.

I'm running 10.4.5 on two Macs without problems.

I have been using  10.4.5 and I'm glad to say that I have not experienced any problems.

No comments:

Visitors

Visitors

Blog Archive