I know I have mentioned this great product from SmileOnMyMac before. I use it every time I post one of these articles. Some articles use it multiple times since it is used to enter the URLs.
SmileOnMyMac has released TextExpander 2.5.2, an update to its customizable typing shortcut tool for Mac OS X. With TextExpander, users can define abbreviations for frequently-used text strings and images, also known as snippets. When an abbreviation is typed, it expands automatically to the full snippet.
TextExpander 2.5.2 adds support for shell script snippets. Users can create a snippet from a shell script, assign it an abbreviation, and then trigger that shell script with the abbreviation. TextExpander has supported AppleScript snippets since version 2.0 was released.
TextExpander 2.5.2 also features improved handling of formatting when creating snippets from the Clipboard or a selection and fixes a problem with updating URL-based snippet groups.
What's new in TextExpander 2.5.2:
* Shell script snippets, which expand to the result of the script
* Respects default formatting when creating snippets from clipboard or selection
* Fixed problem with updating URL groups
* Other minor fixes and improvements
* Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures - including formatted text and pictures
* Save keystrokes by typing short abbreviations to get long snippets
* Correct typos automatically
* Organize snippets into groups
* Add snippet groups from external files and online sources
* HTML, CSS, Autocorrect, Accented Word, Symbol snippet groups included
* Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
* Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
* Sync snippets via MobileMe
* Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
* Print snippets by group
* Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
* For programmers, make editor-independent code templates; invoke AppleScripts and shell scripts
* Import from Textpander, TypeIt4Me (v2 & 3) and Typinator (v1)
* Available in English, German, French, Japanese and Italian