MacSTAC was founded on April 1, 1978 as an Apple II MUG. We are a community group with members from all walks of life, careers and levels of ability. We welcome all Mac users to improve their knowledge and, in turn, share their Mac knowledge with others. http://macstac.org

Monday, July 06, 2009

Cataloging Mail by date

Reader Kent Pletcher is a generally heppy ket with his move from Microsoft Entourage to Apple's Mail. He has one concern, however, that goes like this:

With all the e-mail I get in a day I need my messages divided by date. In Entourage, you have a 'Today' header, 'Yesterday' header, 'Last Week' header, 'Last Month' header, 'This Year' header, etc. All of these allow me to look quickly for a message I may have received in the last couple of days. Is there a way to do this in Mail or a plug-in that will enable me to do this?

Like you, I find these Entourage entries (termed "Saved Searches" in Microsoft parlance) useful. Fortunately, you can create something similar in Apple's Mail by putting Smart Mailboxes to good use. Try this:

http://www.macworld.com/article/141490/2009/07/catalog_mail_date.html?lsrc=nl_mwweek_h_cbintro

No comments:

Visitors

Visitors

Blog Archive