MacSTAC was founded on April 1, 1978 as an Apple II MUG. We are a community group with members from all walks of life, careers and levels of ability. We welcome all Mac users to improve their knowledge and, in turn, share their Mac knowledge with others. http://macstac.org

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A less-expensive MobileMe subscription

I signed up for MobileMe's free 60-day trial period and I want to purchase a subscription when the trial is over. However, I set up the trial through Apple but I want to purchase my subscription from Amazon because it's cheaper. If I switch, will I lose all my settings, my user name, etc.?

Smart thinking. Currently a MobileMe subscription at Amazon is going for $58.55 versus Apple's $99 a year. When you purchase that MobileMe subscription from Amazon you'll receive a box that contains an activation code (yes, hardly a green way to go though you could always recycle the box and activation slip).

Once you have that activation code, travel to me.com, log into your trial account, click on your name in the top-right corner of your browser, and select Account. Enter your password in the resulting page and click Continue. Click the Billing Info entry on the page that appears. On that page click the Apply Activation Key button. Finally, in the page that appears, enter your activation key in the space provided and enable the Apply to an Existing Account option. Click Continue and you're on your way to full membership.

This also works for those who wish to extend existing MobileMe subscriptions.




No comments:

Visitors

Visitors

Blog Archive